Friends of Athletics
#CallingAllEagles to pay it forward for current and future Eagles for years to come!
When you give to Friends of Athletics, you are providing critical funding for the department to enhance the UMW student-athlete experience in the following ways:
- Development and programming for departmental leadership training, as well as other national leadership opportunities for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- Hosting nationally renowned speakers for the department, and entire campus, including topics like Back to the Nest (2019), mental wellness (2018), diversity and inclusion (2017), and psychology of peak performance (2016)
- Boosting recruiting dollars for every team and professional development opportunities for head and assistant coaches
- Strengthening support staff for the benefit of all teams in the areas such as athletic training staff, grounds and facilities staff, strength and conditioning staff, and sport information/marketing staff
- Enhancing athletic facilities; including game day facilities, practice facilities, academic and study spaces, office spaces, auxiliary training spaces, and sport medicine facilities
When you give to a specific sport program, you are committing to a tradition of excellence in the classroom, in our community and every athletics competition. These gifts immediately impact each program in the following ways:
- New sport-specific technology and teaching tools for practice
- Custom training equipment and game day apparel for student-athletes
- Upgrades for long-distance travel costs like hotels, buses, and high-nutrition meals
- Team programming and experiences for sport education and chemistry building
- Enhanced recruiting and professional development opportunities for your coaching staff
BECOME AN EAGLE CLUB MEMBER TODAY!